At Footprints Beachside Recovery, we are committed to helping you find holistic and integrative care. Our massage therapy program in Tampa is one way we help you achieve this goal. Massage therapy can provide much-needed relief from the physical and emotional pain of addiction. To learn more about the alternative addiction treatment options you can access at our Tampa, Florida treatment center, please get in touch with Footprints Beachside Recovery today at 727.513.5972.
How Massage Therapy Is Used in Addiction Recovery
Addiction treatment involves getting to the bottom of what started your substance abuse in the first place and working through uncomfortable and even painful experiences. Doing so can be challenging to communicate to a therapist, which is why we use experiential therapies like massage to help. During your treatment, you’ll have the opportunity to take advantage of massage therapy up to two times per week. Massage therapy can relieve physical pain and help you identify and process thoughts and emotions you didn’t know were there or didn’t know how to discuss. At the end of the day, massage therapy is more than just a way to relax. It’s an opportunity to heal your body and free yourself from trauma and pain in a safe, soothing environment.
Benefits of Our Massage Therapy Program in Tampa
The benefits of massage therapy are vast, but they can be especially helpful during addiction recovery. Some of the ways massage therapy can help you include:
- Reducing stress – The process of addiction recovery can be stressful. From detox to outpatient treatment, you’re learning new ways to cope with life without substances. Massage therapy can help reduce the stress you’re feeling and promote relaxation.
- Improving sleep – Substances often act as a form of self-medication to help you cope with stress, anxiety, and pain. Massage therapy can improve your sleep by helping you relax and promoting a sense of calm.
- Relieving pain – Chronic pain is often one of the reasons people turn to substances in the first place. Massage therapy can help relieve pain in the muscles and joints, as well as headaches and body aches.
- Increasing range of motion – If you’ve been dealing with pain, you may have adopted new, unhealthy movement patterns to avoid it. Massage therapy can help increase your range of motion and improve your flexibility.
- Facilitating detoxification – Massage therapy can help the body release toxins that have built up during substance abuse.
- Reducing anxiety and depression – Addiction often goes hand-in-hand with mental health disorders like anxiety and depression. Massage therapy can help reduce the symptoms of these disorders and promote a sense of well-being.
At Footprints Beachside Recovery, our massage therapists are licensed and experienced in providing massage therapy for addiction recovery. They will work with you to create a custom treatment plan that meets your needs.
Free Your Body and Mind at Footprints Beachside Recovery
Massage therapy puts you back in touch with yourself, so you can heal after addiction and rediscover who you really are. Open yourself up to the tranquil and powerful effects of our massage therapy program, and begin your journey to recovery today. We offer a range of substance use treatment options, such as:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Meth addiction treatment
- Prescription drug addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
Contact Footprints Beachside Recovery today at 727.513.5972 to learn more about the benefits of massage therapy for addiction.