Why Doctors and Nurses Struggle with Addiction
As a doctor or nurse, it may be difficult to reach out for help with addiction. You may feel that, because you’re a healthcare professional who knows about mental health and the dangers of addiction, you should be able to handle this on your own. But in reality, healthcare professionals can experience addiction just like people outside the medical field.
Medical professionals may even be at greater risk of substance use because of:
- Many years of preparation — It takes years of dedication and hard work to become a medical provider. For example, surgeons have to complete a four-year undergraduate program, four years of medical school, and another three to eight years of residency. It’s common for healthcare professionals to turn to alcohol or drugs to cope during these grueling years of studying and residency experience.
- Long work hours — Healthcare professionals are known for working long hours and being available at all times of the day and night for emergencies. Alcohol and drugs are often seen as a way to get through long exhausting workdays.
- The pressure of patient care and treatment — People trust and count on you to help them because you’re responsible for patient care. These stressful and heart-wrenching situations can often trigger substance use.a
Why Addiction Treatment for Healthcare Professionals at Footprints Beachside Recovery
You’ve been focused on putting others’ health needs first. Now, it’s time to step away and do the same for yourself at Footprints Beachside Recovery. Our treatment center is located in the old Florida beach town of Treasure Island, giving you the privacy and tranquility you need to disconnect and make recovery your top priority.
Some of the reasons to choose our addiction treatment for doctors and nurses are:
- Privacy to heal — Our addiction treatment center for medical professionals offers private accommodations and a calming, quiet oceanfront, which is exactly what you need to recover from addiction confidentially and safely.
- Identification of the root causes of addiction — In addiction treatment for doctors and nurses, it is crucial to understand what led you to drink or use drugs in the first place. At Footprints Beachside Recovery, we aim to help you uncover why you turned to drug or alcohol use to cope.
- Treatment tailored to your profession — Our Footprints Beachside Recovery team takes an individualized approach to addiction treatment, knowing that no two addictions are the same. During your stay with us, you’ll receive compassionate, personalized care and follow a treatment plan that has been designed for your unique needs.
Regain Control with Addiction Treatment for Healthcare Professionals at Footprints Beachside Recovery
You’ve dedicated your life and career to helping others and saving lives. Now, it’s time for us to help you recover from addiction and dual diagnosis disorders. Let us help you get your life and career back on track. It is your calling to care for others, and we’re determined to help you continue this noble purpose. Find out more about our addiction treatment for healthcare professionals online or call 727.513.5972.
"*" indicates required fields