As inspiring as being a healthcare professional is, it’s no easy feat. Your profession requires years of high-demand schooling and training and extended hours. Plus, endless amounts of people from all walks of life count on you to keep them healthy and safe. One of your top motivations for becoming a healthcare professional was probably that you wanted to help people and make a difference. But when you’re the one who’s struggling with addiction, where can you turn for help?
At Footprints Beachside Recovery, we offer addiction treatment for doctors and nurses to help them recognize how addiction has affected their lives. Our addiction treatment for nurses and doctors is specifically designed to address the distinct challenges that healthcare professionals face. If you or someone you care about might benefit from addiction treatment for doctors and nurses, contact Footprints Beachside Recovery today by calling 727.513.5972 or completing our online form. Learn how our specialized addiction treatment programs can help today.
Why Doctors and Nurses Struggle with Addiction
As a doctor or nurse, it may be difficult to reach out for help with addiction. You may feel that, because you’re a healthcare professional who knows about mental health and the dangers of addiction, you should be able to handle this on your own. But in reality, healthcare professionals can experience addiction just like people outside the medical field because of factors like genetics, trauma, and mental health issues.
Medical professionals may even be at greater risk of substance use because of:
- Many years of preparation – It takes years of dedication and hard work to become a medical provider. For example, surgeons have to complete a four-year undergraduate program, four years of medical school, and another three to eight years of residency. It’s common for healthcare professionals to turn to alcohol or drugs to cope during these grueling years of studying and residency experience.
- Long work hours – Healthcare professionals are known for working long hours and being available at all times of the day and night for emergencies. Alcohol and drugs are often seen as a way to get through long exhausting workdays.
- The pressure of patient care and treatment – People trust and count on you to help them because you’re responsible for patient care. These stressful and heart-wrenching situations can often trigger substance use.
Why Addiction Treatment for Healthcare Professionals at Footprints Beachside Recovery
You’ve been focused on putting others’ health needs first. Now, it’s time to step away and do the same for yourself at Footprints Beachside Recovery. Our treatment center is located in the old Florida beach town of Treasure Island, giving you the privacy and tranquility you need to disconnect and make recovery your top priority.
Some of the reasons to choose our addiction treatment for doctors and nurses are:
- Privacy to heal – Our addiction treatment center for medical professionals offers private accommodations and a calming, quiet oceanfront, which is exactly what you need to recover from addiction confidentially and safely.
- Identification of the root causes of addiction – In addiction treatment for doctors and nurses, it is crucial to understand what led you to drink or use drugs in the first place. At Footprints Beachside Recovery, we aim to help you uncover why you turned to drug or alcohol use to cope.
- Treatment tailored to your profession – Our Footprints Beachside Recovery team takes an individualized approach to addiction treatment, knowing that no two addictions are the same. During your stay with us, you’ll receive compassionate, personalized care and follow a treatment plan that has been designed for your unique needs.
Regain Control with Addiction Treatment for Doctors and Nurses at Footprints Beachside Recovery
"*" indicates required fields