Holistic Recovery Programs with a 12 Step Foundation
While at Footprints, clients will be introduced to a recovery program that is structured with the 12 step program. Our staff will individually walk each client through the twelve steps and ensure that the program is personally tailored to each client’s needs. Research shows that clients who engage in 12 step programs both during and after treatment have a higher success rate in the long term. The original twelve steps as published by Alcoholics Anonymous:
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Footprints’ Holistic Recovery Program
Footprints Beachside Recovery is committed to treating all clients in a holistic fashion, and the exposure to various programs correlates with our mission to provide a multi-modal treatment model. Learn more about our approach to drug and alcohol rehab at Footprints.