It’s not fair that something that was supposed to help you feel better following an injury or trauma sent you down a path of addiction. So many Americans became addicted to opioids after taking prescription painkillers initially prescribed following a traumatic injury or medical procedure.
The opioid crisis continues to be a serious issue in the United States, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t options for opioid addiction treatments. At Footprints Beachside Recovery, our own personal experience with opioid addiction and loss puts us in a unique position to give you the treatment and personalized care you deserve to heal your mind, body, and spirit from opioid dependence.
What Leads to Opioid Abuse?
Millions of Americans misuse opioids every year, but that doesn’t mean every person has the same experience or started using them for the same reasons. Substance use disorders can take hold of your life without warning; before you know it, you are struggling with addiction.
Some common factors that may have contributed to your opioid abuse include:
- Coping with pain and injuries from a car accident or other trauma
- Experiencing anxiety or depression, stress, or low self-esteem
- Seeking relief from chronic pain or illness without embarrassment or shame about taking drugs
Whatever may have led you to try opioids, we understand that addiction can happen to anyone—and it doesn’t make you a bad person. Our dedicated team at Footprints Beachside Recovery will support your journey toward recovery from opioid addiction and give you the tools and resources you need to heal.
What to Expect at our Opioid Addiction Treatment Program
Your first 24 hours with us at our opioid addiction treatment program are critical because this is when we gather a deep understanding of you and your opioid addiction. During this phase, we collect information that will help us create the best treatment plan possible, including:
- Your current physical and mental health history
- A timeline of your opioid abuse and other substance use disorders
- Your specific needs, goals, concerns, and expectations for treatment
Following our comprehensive intake assessment, we will work with you to create a personalized plan that meets your unique needs. Your program will include the following:
- Doctor visits and psychiatric evaluations
- Personalized 24/7 supervision
- Nutritional guidance
- Holistic treatments
You may also experience medication-assisted treatment, where you’ll receive a monthly shot of Vivitrol to help block the effects and cravings of opioids.
Our Evidence-Based Approach to Opioid Addiction Rehab
To successfully heal your whole self from opioid addiction, we use a combination of traditional, evidence-based treatment with a more holistic approach at our opioid rehab. We apply behavioral health principles in our program to create a well-rounded client experience. Some of the therapies and techniques that you or your loved one will experience include:
- Individual therapy – You’ll have a minimum of two sessions a week with your therapist to work through your struggles with opioid addiction and heal. A therapist is always available if you have an emergency or want help outside of your scheduled sessions.
- Group therapy – You’ll get to talk with others in similar situations and help each other through recovery.
- Dual diagnosis groups and trauma therapy –Trauma or a mental health disorder may be an underlying cause of your opioid addiction. We make it a priority to help you recover from trauma, depression, anxiety, or any other mental health concerns that need to be addressed.
- Nutrition and fitness – Proper nutrition and exercise programs are provided to help your body heal and grow strong again after an opiate addiction.
- Holistic activities – Activities like yoga, meditation, acupuncture and art therapy can help you relax, grow stronger and stimulate your creativity.
Support for Family and Loved Ones
Opioid addiction affects more than just the person struggling with the addiction. We offer monthly support and family education, as well as individual therapy sessions you can join in person or remotely over the phone. If you and your family need guidance while your loved one recovers from opioid addiction, we’re here to help.
Our recovery center believes in addressing addiction at its source. That’s why family therapy is included in our program. Unresolved family issues often play a part in addiction, even if those issues are not obvious or at the forefront of the client’s life. Family therapy and support at Footprints can help heal wounds that may be contributing to or even causing an opioid addiction.
Begin Your Recovery at Our Opioid Addiction Treatment Center in Florida
At Footprints Beachside Recovery, we are committed to helping you overcome opioid addiction and restore you to a healthier, happier life. Located on the beautiful shores of the Gulf of Mexico, our opioid rehab center provides a natural and comfortable environment for you to heal from opioid addiction and begin the journey to recovery. Contact us at 727-954-3908 to learn more about the programs that we offer at our opioid addiction treatment program in Treasure Island, Florida.