Choosing a substance use treatment center can be a challenging step in the process. It’s important to consider the impact of your treatment experience on your recovery, finding a place you feel comfortable, cared for and choosing a place that has your best interest. Regardless, of where you decide to go, be strong and stay committed. You’ve got this!
Below are some questions to ask before choosing an addiction treatment facility:
- What is the facility’s approach to addiction treatment? Not all addiction rehab programs are the same and that’s a good thing. Some drug and alcohol treatment centers offer an individualized approach that addresses co-occurring conditions, such as low self-esteem, trauma and depression. Others focus on group support. Many addiction rehab programs also encourage family involvement, offering counseling and other support services that may increase a resident’s chance for lasting recovery. The trick is finding a diverse program that can identify the right combination of treatments that will work for you.
- What is the success rate at the treatment facility? Knowing the success rate of an addiction treatment center can help you select a reputable program with a proven track record of success. You can also use the internet to find reviews and testimonials from residents who have actually experienced the rehab center first-hand.
- What is the resident-to-staff ratio? A low resident-to-staff ratio is a good sign that the treatment center is equipped to provide personalized care for you or your loved one. On the other hand, take a visit and get a feeling for the facility. If the rehab center is understaffed it may be unable to devote proper time to the resident, which can impact the quality of treatment and care.
- How does the program handle relapse prevention measures? Once a resident successfully completes his or her treatment program, the journey does not end. Upon completion of a program, recovering addicts will need to continue their personal journey, with newly found coping skills and support networks to prevent relapse. Search for a rehab program that offers resources and support to help residents and alumni remain drug-free long into the future.
- How much does treatment cost? Cost of treatment is one of the biggest challenges preventing addicts from getting the much needed addiction treatment they desire. While many rehab centers do not accept Medicare or Medicaid, they will often work with various leading insurance carriers to make financing for addiction treatment easier.
Learn More About Footprints Beachside Recovery
Whether you’re researching an addiction treatment center on behalf of a loved one or looking for an addiction treatment center for yourself, choosing the right facility can be difficult. Let our compassionate and knowledgeable staff help as you research a program that is right for you.